Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday Night Planting

Yesterday's rain showers never ended until late in the night, so the peas had to go in today. I planted three seven foot rows of Caseload shell peas and two four and an half foot rows of snow peas. Suffice it to say that the peas went further than I expected.

Between the rows of shell peas, I planted:

  • a mix of Seeds of Change Bronze Arrow and Black-Seeded Simpson leaf lettuce.
  • Johnny's Scarlet Nantes carrots
  • Johnny's Cosmic Purple carrots (yes, they're really purple!)
  • two-year old leftover French Breakfast radish seeds from Pinetree Garden Seeds.
The monardia I planted from seed last year is coming back nicely. I planted this monardia specifically for tea, rather than for bloom. The picture above shows the new spring growth.

No comments: