Friday, July 21, 2006

My How You've Grown

"My how you've grown!" The line fit's both Abbey and the garden these days. The pumpkins and the corn love the heat so much they are growing a noticeable amount every day. Each time I visit the garden, I spy a new pumpkin in the patch.

Abbey is also growing in many ways. It's not just her size that is changing, but her personality too. Some days she wants to spend time with her Daddy, other days she almost seems to wish he would just stay at work or go off to Perkins by himself.

Her interactions with Julie and me are increasingly animated and more deliberate. Sentences are slowly getting more and more complete. When I asked her to smile big for the camera tonight, she opened her mouth so wide it wasn't a smile, but a big, gaping hole.

And these days when I ask her for a kiss, she is more likely than not to end the kiss by blowing in my face.






No comments: