Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back in the Saddle

The DSL was out Monday through Wednesday, and last night was a little hectic, so I haven't been able to post for the past few days. But we're back in the blog business tonight. And I got back into the Perkins business heavy tonight too.

It's been mulch mania out at Perkins this week, as there's been a big, steaming pile of moldy woodchips and shredded leaves delivered by the City Forestry Department. Monday night Abigail helped me by riding on my back in her backpack carrier as I delivered wheel barrow after wheel barrow load out to the squash.

We named the chips "New Orleans Style Steamin' Chips." New Orleans style because they're hot, damp and full of mold and mildew.

Tonight I finished up most all of the bed by mulching the peppers and the tomatoes. It was a nice night, with colorful skies and dew in the air.

And speaking of business, Tom the garden manager had his first market garden sale table out tonight along the roadside. Nice piles of greens for sale and he made a couple of transactions. The restaurant next to his office agreed to buy his leftover greens for Friday salads.

No comments: